By Evelyn Perez-Verdia
Viva the FDP! The day has come. After a strong initiative from various leaders in Florida, The Florida Democratic Party has agreed on the importance of hiring a communcations professional to serve as Press Secretary and Director of Hispanic Media for the 2016 campaign cycle. Speaking further to Chairwoman Allison Tant about this position, Political Pasion asked her if the position would continue past 2016. Chairwoman Tant stated: “It will be ongoing after ’16 as long as we have the budget to fund it. I am committed to see this happen. So now put the word out so we have good applicants!” In addition, the party has hired Sheyla Asencios as their Hispanic Outreach Coordinator and she will start working with the FDP starting September. Samantha Pedrosa, has also joined the FDP team and started in their finance department yesterday. Allison Tant ended by saying: “We are building a great team!” Here are the details for those who wish to apply to the position:
The Florida Democratic Party is seeking communications professional to serve as Press Secretary and Director of Hispanic Media for the 2016 campaign cycle.
This position will assist the communications director in the day-to-day responsibilities of the communications department and will oversee Spanish-language communication for the Party. This will include on-the-record conversations with local, state, and national media, and the drafting and translating of press releases, op-eds, and social media content.
The job will be based in South Florida with frequent travel to Tallahassee and statewide.
- Assist the communications director in day-to-day press responsibilities and rapid response
- Develop relationship with Hispanic press outlets and reporters
- Manage Spanish-speaking surrogates throughout Florida
- Organize, pitch, and execute earned media events targeted at Hispanic media outlets
- Write or translate press releases, op-eds, and social media posts
- Fluency in Spanish (speaking, reading, and writing)
- Experience with media, public relations, or journalism
- Demonstrated exceptional
Please email resumes to Max Steele at email@example.com